Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
TGP3100 Series Tour Map
TGP3100 Series Pulse Generators: Pulse Modulations and Sweep
Extensive Pulse ModulationsIn addition to pulse width modulation (PWM) the TGP3100 Series offers pulse delay modulation, amplitude modulation, amplitude summing with other waveforms, frequency and phase modulations, plus FSK frequency keying and BPSK phase shift keying.
The modulation source can be internal or external. A very wide range of internal modulating waveforms are available.
Modulating with Noise and Jitter SimulationAs well all of the standard modulating waveforms of sine, square, ramp (and more than a dozen others) waveforms can be modulated using noise, or summed with noise.
For example, PDM can be used to create jitter simulation by randomly modulating the edge positions.
The noise source if fully controllable in terms of noise bandwidth and amplitude distribution.
Pulse SweepPulse repetition frequency can be swept over the full frequency range with fully variable up, down and dwell times. Sweeps can be linear or logarithmic. The sweep trigger source can be internal or external.
A marker pulse can be generated from the Sync output at any frequency within the sweep span.