Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
CPX Series Tour Map
CPX DC Supplies: RS-232, USB, LAN/LXI & optional GPIB Interfaces (P models only)
Digital Remote Control
To meet the varying needs of today's engineers, programmable models (with a "P" suffix) are available with a comprehensive array of interfaces. RS-232, USB and LAN (Ethernet) with LXI support are provided as standard and GPIB is available as an option.
Each of the digital bus interfaces provides full control of voltage, current, and output on/off, plus read-back of voltage, current and status. The interfaces are opto-isolated from the output.
CPX400DP rear panel connectors (with optional GPIB)
Command Set and IVI DriverThe basic command set for the CPX Series is compatible with both the PL-P series and the QL-P series.
An IVI driver for Windows is supplied. This provides support for common applications such as LabView*, LabWindows* and HP-VEE*.
RS-232An RS-232/RS-423 interface is provided for use with legacy systems. This type of serial interface remains in common usage and is perfectly satisfactory for the control of power supplies because data speed is not an issue.
USBUSB provides a simple and convenient means of connection to a PC and is particularly appropriate for small system use.
A USB driver is provided suitable for Windows* systems.
GPIBA GPIB interface that conforms with IEEE-488.1 and IEEE-488.2 standards is available as an option on programmable models (with a P suffix).
GPIB remains widely used in legacy and larger system applications.
LAN-Ethernet with LXIThe LAN interface uses a standard 10/100 base-T Ethernet hardware connection with ICMP and TCP/IP Protocol for connection to a Local Area Network or direct connection to a single PC.
This interface supports LXI and is the most appropriate for larger system use because of its scalable nature.
LXI ComplianceThe LAN interface is compliant with LXI-C. LXI is the LAN-based modular architecture standard for automated test systems managed by the LXI Consortium.
* LabView and LabWindows are trademarks of National Instruments.
* HPVEE (AKA Agilent VEE and Keysight VEE) is a trademark of Keysight Technologies Inc.
* Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft inc.