Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
CPX Series Tour Map
CPX DC Supplies: Range Control and Custom Limits
Customize your power for a specific applications !A conventional laboratory power supply (i.e. one which has variable voltage and variable current limit) has two modes of operation - constant voltage or constant current.
On a PowerFlex PSU, however, it is possible to set a current limit that is higher than the capability at a specific voltage. This provides maximum flexibility, but gives the potential for the PSU to enter a power limit mode.
As an alternative to PowerFlex operation the CPX400D can be used as a conventional fixed range power supply of either 60V/7A or 20V/20A at the press of a button.
Fixed range mode ensures that, whatever the load, the output can only be in constant voltage or constant current mode and never in power limit. Additionally finer resolution is provided on the current or voltage controls respectively.
A further button offers full customization of voltage and current limits which can be set to suit the users application. This has the advantage that the controls cover the exact voltage and current range required, providing easier setting and reduced risk of error.
For example, the range could be set to 30V and 14A to create a 30 volt PSU of maximum current capability. Alternatively it could be set to 5V and 3A if this was all that was required for a particular application.
(The CPX200D includes the same features but currents are lower than those quoted above.)
► Read about PowerFlex