Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
PSA Series Tour Map
PSA Series 2 hand-held RF spectrum analyzers: Limit lines and patterns
Limit lines on screen
Limit lines and patternsThe limits function* enables lines and patterns to be displayed for comparison with the swept trace.
Limit lines are simple horizontal lines that can be set to any required amplitude level.
Limit patterns are derived from tables of level against frequency that are stored as files. They can include straight or angled lines, and are automatically interpolated between points. Patterns are created on a PC using PSA-Manager software, and can use imports from CSV files as well as table and graphical editing.
Two limit lines or patterns can be displayed simultaneously.
Limits comparatorIn addition to visual comparison, a limits comparator* can be employed which can be used to halt the sweep, generate an audible warning or output a pulse, or save the trace within a log file.
Conditions of above, below, inside or outside can be defined, and the frequency span for comparison can be restricted using markers.
* The Limits function requires option U01