Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
TG251xA and TG501xA Series Tour Map
TGxA Series Function Generators: PRBS (pseudo-random bit stream) generation up to 50Mbits/s
PRBS generation screen
Pseudo-random bit streamsA PRBS (Pseudo-Random Bit Sequence) is a binary waveform with a sequence that is almost impossible to predict. PRBS waveforms are used within secure communications systems.
A PRBS is generated by a linear-feedback shift register with taps that generate a feedback signal via an exclusive-OR gate. The number of stages determines the sequence length (2N-1) whilst the clock frequency determines the bit rate. The stage length can be set to 7, 9, 11, 15, 20, or 23, resulting in sequence lengths from 127 to 8,388,607 bits at rates between 1µbps to 50Mbps (1µbps to 25Mbps on the TG251xA).
The PRBS waveform can be used as both a carrier and a modulator.