Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
TG251xA and TG501xA Series Tour Map
TGxA Series Function Generators: Up to 50MHz Sine wave and Square wave
Frequencies can be entered in any units
Period can be chosen instead of frequency amplitude & offset can be changed to Hi and Lo level
variable symmetry ramp
Higher FrequenciesThe TG5011A/5012A significantly out-performs other generators in their price range by offering both sine and square waves up to 50MHz. The lower cost TG2511A/2512A are limited to 25MHz.
Waveform QualityThese instruments generate high purity sine waves with low harmonic distortion and low phase noise. Square waves have a rise time of below 8ns (13ns on 25MHz models) and low overshoot. Variable symmetry can be used up to 25MHz, although the Pulse Function is more appropriate for wide duty cycle waveforms.
Triangle and RampHigh quality triangle and variable symmetry ramp waveforms are available up to 1MHz (50MHz models) or 500kHz (25MHz models).
These waveforms are also available at higher frequencies via the arbitrary function but without symmetry adjustment and with poorer waveform quality as the frequency increases.
Exceptional frequency precisionThe frequency of these waveforms can be set with up to 14 digits or one micro hertz of resolution.
The DDS based frequency generation system uses a TCXO timebase oscillator with a stability of 1ppm.