Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
TG251xA and TG501xA Series Tour Map
TGxA Series Function Generators: phase locking generators
each generator can be set to be a Master or a Slave for phase locking
External Frequency ReferenceThe generators use a high quality TCXO crystal as the internal frequency reference.
If a higher accuracy or stability is required, an external 10MHz reference signal can be applied to the Reference Clock input.
Phase Locking Two Generators (or more)Two generators can be synchronized together to provide outputs at the same frequency (or at harmonics) and with a phase difference.
The amplitude and phase of these outputs can also be modulated providing the capability to perform QAM and QPSK respectively.
Any waveform other than pulse can be used, and the phase difference is adjustable between -360.0 and +360.0 to a resolution of 0.1 degrees. Skew is better than 5ns.
When synchronizing two 2-channel generators it is possible to have four closely synchronized and phase adjustable waveforms. It is also possible to synchronize more than two generators but results are not guaranteed.