Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
TG251xA and TG501xA Series Tour Map
TGxA Series Function Generators: Internal and External Modulation
Digital Modulation, Internal and ExternalBoth generators offer a comprehensive set of digitally based modulations.
The internal modulation source can use any of the standard or arbitrary waveforms within the generator (including noise) thus removing the need for an external modulation source. A modulating frequency between 1µHz and 1MHz can be specified.
An external modulation input enables any external waveform source to be used when required. The bandwidth is DC to 20kHz.
AM, FM and PMSine, square, ramp or arbitrary waveforms can be modulated using amplitude, frequency or phase modulation.
Amplitude depth is variable from 0.0% to 120.0%, frequency deviation from zero to Fmax/2, and phase deviation from -360.0 to +360.0 degrees.
PWMPulse width modulation is available for the pulse function using any standard or arbitrary waveform including noise.
Pulse width deviation is variable between 0% and 100%.
FSKFrequency shift keying between any two frequencies is available for sine, square, ramp or arbitrary waveforms using the internal trigger generator or an external trigger signal.
The internal trigger generator is variable between 2mHz and 1MHz with 9 digit resolution.