Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
PSA Series Tour Map
PSA Series 5 hand-held RF spectrum analyzers: Power Options
Battery LifeAt normal screen brightness the instrument can operate for more than three hours from each charge from its high capacity Li-Ion battery.
The multi-segment battery indicator turns yellow when the remaining time falls below about 30 mins, and to red when only 10 minutes remain. The approximate time in hours and minutes is also shown within the status screens. To further conserve battery life, it can be set to turn off automatically at a fixed time from the last key press (5 mins to 60 mins). No data is lost at switch-off.
External PowerThe supplied AC power unit can recharge a fully discharged battery in less than three hours. The instrument can be operated continuously from AC power. Power control circuitry ensures that the battery can not be overcharged.
It is also possible to slow-charge the battery from a USB port.