Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
PL and PL-P series Tour Map
PL Series DC Supplies: V-Span
V-Span - "smart" analogue control
Choose a voltage range that suits your taskWhen working with any particular piece of equipment, engineers often require a voltage source variable over only a narrow range.
Set the voltage too high and damage might occur, set it too low and the circuit may reset.
That's where the V-Span function of the New PL series comes in. It allows the user to redefine the end-stop values of the voltage control to create a specific voltage range.
For example:An engineer is working on a circuit that will eventually operate from four NiMh cells.
They use V-Span to set a Vmax of 5.8 volts (to prevent over-voltage damage) and a Vmin of 3.6 volts (to ensure that the circuit doesn't reset).
They now have a power supply which provides high-resolution analogue control over the exact voltage range they need.
Vmin and Vmax can be set anywhere between zero and maximum output voltage subject only to Vmax > (Vmin + 0.1V). The fine control gives additional adjustment of 1%. Once set, the voltage span function can be turned on or off at the press of a button.