Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
PL and PL-P series Tour Map
PL Series DC Supplies: Remote Sense
Remote sense for precision regulationMost laboratory power supplies quote impressive figures for load regulation. Unfortunately, the impedance of the connection leads can make this a nonsense for regulation at the load.
If the current is high, the meter will show a significantly higher voltage than the load is actually seeing. (for example, two 0.02 Ohm connection leads will drop 120mV at 3 amps).
The PL Series has easy access remote sense terminals - unlike many general purpose laboratory power supplies - to ensure perfect regulation and meter precision.
Remote or Local at the flick of a switchResearch shows that engineers choose not to use remote sense for many applications.
The New PL Series makes the choice as easy as possible with a front mounted local/remote sense switch.