Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
PL and PL-P series Tour Map
PL Series DC Supplies: Precision metering
Precision Metering - clear and unambiguous "at a glance"
High accuracy, four digit, fixed-resolution metersThe New PL series uses four digit meters for both voltage and current.
The fixed resolution ensures that there are no sudden and confusing changes in the reading. Some other power supplies use 3 digit meters which autorange at 1999 counts.
Not only does this reduce resolution, but it also changes the position of the most significant digit. When glancing at the display this could lead to mis-reading of the value by a factor of ten.
Improved low current control and meteringIn response to the increasing use of low power circuitry, the PL Series incorporates a low current range.
This provides metering with 0.1mA resolution and enables lower currents to be set with more precision.