Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
LD400 Series Tour Map
LD400P DC Electronic Loads: Digital Remote Control
LD400P - Digital Remote ControlTo meet a wide variety of needs, the LX400P adds a comprehensive array of digital bus interfaces. RS-232, USB, GPIB and LAN (Ethernet) with LXI support are all provided as standard.
Each of the digital bus interfaces provides full control of and read-back of settings and status. The interfaces are at ground potential and are opto-isolated from the terminals.
GPIBThe GPIB interface is compliant with IEEE-488.1 and IEEE-488.2. Currently GPIB remains the most widely used interface for system applications.
RS232An RS-232/RS-423 interface is provided for use with legacy systems. This type of serial interface remains in common usage and is perfectly satisfactory for the control of load devices because data speed is not an issue.
USBUSB provides a simple and convenient means of connection to a PC and is particularly appropriate for small system use. A USB driver is provided which supports Windows operating systems.
LANThe LAN interface uses a standard 10/100 base-T Ethernet hardware connection with ICMP and TCP/IP Protocol for connection to a Local Area Network or direct connection to a single PC. This interface supports LXI and is highly appropriate for system use because of its scalable nature and low cost interconnection.
LXIThe LAN interface is LXI compliant.
LXI (LAN eXtensions for Instrumentation) is the next-generation, LAN-based modular architecture standard for automated test systems managed by the LXI Consortium, and is expected to become the successor to GPIB in many systems.
IVI DriverAn IVI driver for Windows is included. This provides support for common high-level applications such as LabView*, LabWindows*, and HP/Agilent VEE*.
* LabView and LabWindows are trademarks of National Instruments.
HPVEE (now Agilent VEE) is a trademark of Agilent Technologies.
* Windows is a trademark of Microsoft.