Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
LD400 Series Tour Map
LD400 and LD400P DC Electronic Loads: Wide Range inputs
Wide Current and Voltage RangeThe LD400 can operate at up to 80 amps or up to 80 volts subject to the maximum continuous power rating of 400 watts at up to 28 degree ambient (360W at 40deg.).
600 watts intermittent powerThe LD400 can operate at power levels up to 600 watts for periods of up to 1 minute.
Short term loading can be sufficient for many testing applications and significantly extends the usefulness of the LD400.
Low minimum operating voltageThe LD400 can operate at voltages below 500mV for currents up to 10 amps.
At higher currents the fixed minimum resistance (typically better than 25 milliOhms) gradually raises the minimum operating voltage, but it remains below 1 volt up to 40 amps and below 2 volts up to 80 amps.
This low operating voltage allows it to be used for many low voltage applications for which other electronic loads are unsuitable.