Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
QL series Tour Map
QL Series II DC Supplies: Linear Regulation
True Linear Output Regulation
for the best possible performanceDespite the improvements in high frequency switcher design, Linear regulation still offers the lowest output noise and the best transient response (recovery time from a sudden current step). It also offers the most benign stability characteristics when driving complex load conditions.
Ultra-low noiseMost linear regulated power supplies offer low output noise with figures below 2mV rms being typical. The QL series goes a stage further with an RMS noise figure of 0.35mV and tightly specified pk-pk noise.
Many higher power linear regulated designs include a line frequency switched pre-regulator. Whereas this may not compromise differential output noise, it significantly increases common mode noise currents.
The QL Series uses true linear regulation without any line frequency switching regulation. Consequently it offers exceptional common mode noise levels of <4µA rms at 20MHz bandwidth.