Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
I-prober Tour Map
The I-prober 520 Current Probe - Closed Loop Current Measurements
Closed Loop measurementsWhereas the primary purpose of the I-prober 520 is as a positional current probe, the are many circumstances where current measurements can be made in the conventional way by enclosing the conductor.
To increase its overall usefulness, the I-prober 520 is supplied with a clip-on toroid assembly which converts it into a closed magnetic circuit probe for measuring current in a wire.
The toroid is open until the probe is attached, allowing insertion of the wire without disconnection.
The wide bandwidth, dynamic range and low noise of the probe are retained but higher accuracy, repeatability and unwanted field rejection are achieved.
With the control box mode switch is set to Wire, the probe and toroid assembly are correctly calibrated for an output of 1 volt/amp.