Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
I-prober Tour Map
The I-prober 520 Current Probe System
The I-prober 520 consists of the positional current probe itself connected by 1.25 metres of cable to its control box. From there a further 0.5 metres of cable is terminated in a BNC connector for use with any normal oscilloscope.
The probe is powered through the control box by a small universal-voltage ac adaptor.
A clip on toroid assembly is also provided which converts the probe into a conventional "closed magnetic circuit" current probe for measurement of current in a wire.
The Control Box
The control box provides the choice of three modes of operation along with bandwidth filters, an offset control and overload indicator.
It also incorporates the calibrator needed for measurement on PCB tracks of differing widths. The probe is inserted into the hole and is subjected to a field from a known current from where it can be adjusted.