ARCHIVE CONTENTThis resource is not the newest version and may contain issues fixed in later versions. Unless you have a particular reason for wanting this file, you should get the newest version which is linked from the product page or the support page. The resource that replaced this one is linked to below.
QPX1200 Firmware Update for V4 Hardware (V4.28-4.07)
Firmware Updates for QPX1200, QPX1200SP or QPX1200L.
From time to time TTi makes updates to the firmware of the digital bus interface and/or the power supply itself available. This firmware resides in Flash memory and may be updated using the USB interface. Depending on the hardware version of the QPX1200 it may not be firmware updatable, or it may have one or more firmware files. There are four distinct hardware versions as detailed below.
- Hardware Version 1 - These units report a single firmware revision on the display during start-up "1.xx" and have RS232 and USB interfaces only. These units are not field updatable.
- Hardware Version 2 - These units report a single firmware revision on the display during start-up "2.xx" and have RS232 and USB interfaces only. There is also a position for a LAN connection but this has been blanked off. These units are not field updatable.
- Hardware Version 3 - These units report two firmware revisions on the display during start-up "3.xx -- y.yy" where 3.xx is the main firmware and y.yy is the firmware for the interface board. These units have LAN, RS232 and USB interfaces. The main firmware is not field updatable but the interface board firmware is.
- Hardware Version 4 - These units report two firmware revisions on the display during start-up "4.xx -- y.yy" where 4.xx is the main firmware and y.yy is the firmware for the interface board. These units have LAN, RS232 and USB interfaces and may also have GPIB as a factory option. These units can be recognized by their firmware revision and because these units have a "V/A" function selectable by pressing shift-8. The firmware in both boards is updatable using a single file.
The QPX1200S is not field upgradeable because it has no USB interface. Depending on age QPX1200L models can conform with version 3 or 4 as described above. All QPX1200SP models are version 4 as described above.
This file is for version 4 hardware as described above and provides both main firmware V4.28 and interface firmware V4.07.
- Main firmware file V4.27 fixes an issue where disabling the analogue remote control was not working properly on non -P variants; analogue remote state was restored following a power cycle.
- Main firmware file V4.38 is a minor release adjusting some factory default settings
This firmware is applied using the Firmware update utility linked to below which includes instructions.
See newer version: QPX1200 Firmware Update for V4 Hardware (V4.29-4.08)