Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
QPX Series Tour Map
QPX600D and QPX600DP - DC Power Supplies
The QPX600D dc power supply offers dual isolated outputs of 600 watts each using PowerFlex+ regulation to provide a very wide range of voltage/current combinations. It is available in two versions, with and without digital control interfaces.
The two outputs can be connected in series or parallel externally. The unit provides voltage and current tracking, sync on/off and series and parallel metering modes to allow it to behave like a single channel 1200W unit.
High precisionWith setting controlled by instrumentation quality 16 bit DACs, the QPX600D offers high accuracy and stability. Local setting can be done using either the numeric keypad or the spin-wheel, and setting resolution is 1mV up to 50V and 2mV up to 80 volts.
Balanced multi-phase converter systemA balanced multi-phase converter system minimizes ripple and improves dynamic performance. This provides unusually low noise for the power level, coupled with good transient response
Bench or rack mountingThe QPX600D is well suited to either bench or rack-mount applications. All terminals are on the rear panel. The chassis is 3U high and a 4U rack mount kit with ½U ventilation above and below is available as an option (RM460).
Automation InterfacesThe QPX600D has an analogue remote control interface only. The QPX60DP has analogue, RS-232, USB, LAN (Ethernet) interfaces and GPIB is available as an option. The LAN interface conforms with LXI class C.
ModelsThe two models differ only in the provision of digital interfaces:
QPX600D - version with no digital interfaces (analogue only)
QPX600DP - analogue, USB, RS232 and LAN interfaces with GPIB option
QPX600DP rear panel with optional GPIB fitted
- Visit the QPX Product Page for current pricing, resources and reference material.
- Technical specifications are in the datasheet available from the QPX Product Page.
- Visit the "where to buy" page for links to dealers and distributors
- Back to the QPX series overview
The TTi PowerFlex+ design of the QPX600D enables higher currents to be generated at lower voltages within an overall power limit envelope. Each output can provide more than six times the current of a conventional PSU of the same maximum voltage and power (see power curve).
PowerFlex+ uses a balanced multi-phase converter system to minimize ripple and improve dynamic performance. Example voltage/current combinations per channel include 80V/7.5A, 60V/10A, 40V/15A, 28V/20A, 18V/30A and 10V/50A.