Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
QPX Series Tour Map
The QPX1200S & QPX1200SP DC Power Supplies
The QPX1200S is a 1.2kW single output dc power supply that offers users a level of flexibility that cannot be achieved with conventional laboratory power supplies. It is suited to be bench-top and system applications and is fitted with both front and rear terminals and an analogue remote control interface.
High precisionWith setting controlled by an instrumentation quality 16 bit DAC, the QPX1200 offers high accuracy and stability. Local setting can be done using either the numeric keypad or the spin-wheel, and setting resolution is 1mV in up to 60 volts.
Linear output stage for low noiseMixed mode regulation with a linear output stage gives the QPX1200 exceptionally low output noise for a unit of this power, and ensures fast transient response.
Bench or rack mountingUnlike most higher power laboratory PSUs, the QPX1200 is equally suited to bench or rack-mount applications. Output and sense terminals are provided on both the front and rear panels. The unit is 3U high and a 4U rack mount kit with ½U ventilation above and below is available as an option (RM460).
Automation InterfacesThe QPX1200S has an analogue remote control interface only. The QPX1200SP has analogue, RS-232, USB, LAN (Ethernet) and GPIB interfaces. The LAN interface conforms with LXI class C. (The QPX1200L (now discontinued) was identical to the QPX1200SP but omitted the GPIB interface.)
ModelsQPX1200S - version with no digital interfaces (analogue only)
QPX1200SP - analogue, USB, RS232, LAN and GPIB interfaces
QPX1200SP rear panel
- Visit the QPX Product Page for current pricing, resources and reference material.
- Technical specifications are in the datasheet available from the QPX Product Page.
- Visit the "where to buy" page for links to dealers and distributors
- Back to the QPX series overview
The TTi PowerFlex design of the QPX1200S enables higher currents to be generated at lower voltages within an overall power limit envelope. The output can provide two and a half times the current of a conventional PSU of the same maximum voltage and power (see power curve). Example voltage/current combinations include 60V/20A, 48V/25A, 37.5V/30A, 26V/40A, and 20V/50A.
The PowerFlex regulator includes a linear output stage giving the QPX1200S exceptionally low output noise for a unit of this power and ensures good transient response